Saturday, 20 August 2011

The Awesome/Outrageous Roundup

Today's Awesome/Outrageous Roundup has a general sex-positivity theme. Coz I'm in San Francisco, and stuff. Did I mention I'm in San Francisco?*

Fagget Fairys. They epitomise awesome.



Awesome:

Carol Queen pleasantly mocking an old British study on G-Spots

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cocktail-party-physics/2011/07/20/is-it-cold-in-here/

Cool thing about underrated actresses: click here!

I met the author of this blog about male submission the other day at a sex discussion group (I'm that cool) at the Center for Sex and Culture, also run by Carol Queen, who is clearly a fixture of this sex-positivity theme. Here it is: click! Warning: NSFW, depending on your place of work.

Can't wait to see Meryl Streep taking on Thatcher in this. Who wants to come and see it with me?

Finally, it just popped up on my twitter that Brody Dalle has given birth.

Awesome/Outrageous:

One of the only articles I have ever read where I agreed with every word more than life itself. This is a victory for common sense, feminism, standards in academia, and not reporting slavishly when someone is clearly wrong. Have already tweeted it, but here again: click here

Lady Gaga's new video: You and I. Awesome only for the presence of Lady G in drag, then Lady G in drag making out with Lady G not in drag. Outrageous outfits, some of them. I would recommend watching it with the sound off.

Outrageous:

http://isdorriesoutyet.com/. Outrageous only because of the answer.

I can't even begin to deal with the stupidity of this: http://www.springerlink.com/content/w6t8284q7123w214/. Please pay particular attention to the last sentence of the abstract. If it makes you want to run through the streets screaming and banging your forehead with an anvil, well, me too.


*Comments like: 'Yeah you may be in San Francisco but why are you sitting in your hostel blogging and waiting for your laundry when you could be out having fun?' will not be appreciated. Or even acknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...