![]() |
| Judith Butler, combining topical Jewishness with general excellence |
Hello! I've been interning at the Jewish Chronicle for the last fortnight, writing news and consuming my own body weight in cake. As anyone within earshot of me at any point knows, I have a dream that one day I will be paid to do journalism. Until that point, however, I'm learning valuable life lessons - like not assuming it's ok to use someone's surname (complaint number 1), not accidentally misquoting someone (complaint number 2) and not calling someone a lesbian unless they say you can (complaint number 3).
The JC, as it is affectionately known, is a highly pleasant place to work. On morning one they put me at a desk and told me to get on with it. It's exactly the kind of working environment I like. I've been able to engage in quintessentially journalistic pursuits like finding my own stories, doggedly tracking down people to talk to and calling up Russia for a chat.
Here are some of the stories I've written. Also, look out for forthcoming exciting reports on how a flaming meteorite hit Siberia and what to expect at this year's Jewish Book Week (hint: it includes Judith Butler).
First off, a guy called Rodrigo Rosenberg set up an elaborate plot to bring down the Guatemalan government:
'Perfectionist' lawyer arranged own murder
There was an exciting case of Holocaust 'fraud':
'Reich's youngest Nazi' investigated over Holocaust 'lies'
I continued my foray into LGBTQ oriented news, this time with a Jewish slant:
Gay marriage: shuls ready
Gay Jewish parents slam Catholic MP's anti-family allegations
There was a spate of (two) antisemitic attacks in France:
Antisemitic attack in Marseille
Knife-wielding woman threatens boy at Toulouse Jewish school
And most important of all, in light entertainment news:
Sacha Baron Cohen is best-paid British actor in the United States
Jewish burial hope has film star Drew Barrymore seeking tattoo removal
Galliano shocks in Chasidic garb

No comments:
Post a Comment
Got something to say?