Thursday, 12 July 2012

The graduate without a future: British creativity has not gone quiet, its just struggling to be heard



An artist who I think is really really good 

Here's a new piece I wrote for a Guardian Comment is free series, (ironically?) named "The graduate without a future": British creativity has not gone quiet, it's just struggling to be heard. 

If you fancy a brief meditation on the sheer wretchedness of humanity (or that represented below-the-line on Cif, at least), have a look at the comments. Suffice it to say that my choices of interesting young artists were, according to one delightful commentator, examples of:

"No skill, artless, derivative nonsense. Dishonest"

In any case, I totally rose above it by lying on my bed for much of the day feeling sorry for myself, resolving never to step outside the comfortable territory of gender related sarcasm ever again.

But then the next day I took part in a really fun live Q&A session with great and goods Paul Mason, Shiv Malik, Ed Howker and Oliver Laughland. You can find it here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/06/graduate-without-future-q-and-a




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...